Sorghum is a nutrient dense cereal wholegrain indigenous to African soil.
While most wholegrains offer an impressive profile of micro-nutrients, this African grain is naturally gluten-free and especially noteworthy in its nutrient density.
One half cup of sorghum grain contains:
- 18% of our required daily intake (hereafter DV) of iron (necessary for energy, internal temperature regulation, gastro-intestinal and immunity functions)
- 25% DV of Vitamin B6 (essential for nutrient absorption and nervous system functionality)
- 37% DV of magnesium (required to regulate the stress hormone, cortisone, in the body and rehabilitate adrenal and hormonal systems)
To name only a few!
Sorghum is not only a nutritious grain but a filling, affordable and delicious one, suitable for the whole family. When made into a porridge the vitamins and minerals content provide a great way for young children to start their day!
BodiCafé would like to offer you a new and quick way to enjoy the traditionally made sorghum porridge. Smoothie bowls are always a good idea and how much more with a hearty, nutty wholegrain to round off the texture. Yum! Let’s get into it…
BodiCafé is not qualified to recommend any of our products for any diet, lifestyle disease, or ailment. However, we would advise that you first consult with a medical professional and dietician before implementing any supplements or lifestyle changes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
ZERO Cook Time
2-3 Bananas medium size
2-3 Pineapple slices
250g Rice or Soya Milk
1 tbsp. Honey
1 tbsp. Peanut butter
1 tbsp. Chia seeds
1/2 cup Pre-cooked sorghum*
Add water as necessary for preferred thickness
1. Add ingredients together in a blender. Blend until all ingredients are properly liquified.
2. Serve as a smoothie bowl and enjoy!
Notes: *The BodiCafé Sorghum Meal is not pre-cooked