-Sometimes you just need a warm bowl of comfort food!
Prep time: +-10 min
Cooking time: +-35 min
Serves: 3 – 4
- Rehydrate Soya Chunks
- 2 cups (250ml each) soya chunks
- 2 cups boiling water
- Place chunks into a small pot, add boiling water and bring to a boil on medium heat for 10 min/ until soft.
- Place hydrated chunks into a colander and rinse under running water, set a side.
- Curry Sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- 2 ½ tbsp vegetable stock ( Optional)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds/ cumin powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar (Optional)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pour oil into a medium-sized pot and heat up on medium heat.
- Place all ingredients (except for the oil) into a blender; blend until well incorporated.
- Add mixture to the heated oil. Add 1 cup water to the emptied blender, blend and pour into the pot. Stir to incorporate mixtures.
- Allow the curry sauce to simmer on medium heat for 15 min then add the hydrated soya chunks. Mix well.
- Allow curry to simmer on low heat for 20 min. Add additional desired seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve with rice / flat bread and a fresh salad.