VEGAN | SUGAR-FREE | NO BAKE
Our fast-paced lifestyles make breakfast an on-the-go activity more often than not. Whilst this is not an ideal eating experience, it need not be an unhealthy one either. Preparation is key in cramming a healthy diet into a busy schedule. This recipe provides a fun-to-prep and versatile solution to a quick and nutritious first meal of the day.
Raw Fudgy Cereal Bars are entirely plant-based and wholesome, allowing for unique adaptations according to your pallet and dietary needs.
Our cereal bars incorporate ingredients that provide satiety, energy and an all round ‘yum’ factor!
You Will Need:
- 1 cup soaked dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (if unsalted, add a healthy pinch sea salt)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup raw nuts (such as pecans or almonds)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Anytime Cereal Crunch
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- Soak dates for ten minutes in boiling water. Drain and place in food processor/blender.
- Blend dates until a smooth paste forms and only small pieces remain.
Transfer date paste to a mixing bowl. Chop nuts into smaller pieces or desirable size and add to bowl. Add all additional dry ingredients. Mix through thoroughly. Ensure ingredients are evenly distributed throughout so no clumping occurs.
- Pour peanut butter into the mixing bowl and coat well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Line a semi-shallow baking tray with parchment paper. Add mixture to tray and spread evenly throughout forming a flat even surface. The deeper your baking tray the thicker your bars will come out. Adjust according to desired thickness*.
- Cover with a piece of cling wrap and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or overnight to harden. Remove from the freezer and slice into bars*.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge to maintain shape and freshness. Grab and go with your delicious new snack.
The deeper the baking tray the fewer bars can be sliced from a mixture with the quantities provided. Adjust quantities according to desired batch size.
Adapted from The Minimalist Baker’s Recipe for Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Granola Bars