As plant-based and vegan diets continue to grow in popularity, many people have expressed their enthusiasm for this alternative diet. However, along with its global popularity comes a few concerns about where you’ll get the bulk of your nutrition and protein from. Despite these nutritional concerns, you can achieve all the dietary benefits necessary to survive by following a comprehensive plant-based diet.
Boost your health
Focusing on consuming primarily whole foods that come from plants and seeds, research has shown that adopting a plant-based diet is highly beneficial to one’s health if followed correctly.
Due to the diet being low in saturated fats and rich in fibre, following this diet can potentially reduce the following health risks:
- Heart disease
- Improve gut health
- Colon and Breast cancer
How to get enough proteins, vitamins and minerals
Just because you might be switching from a regular diet to a plant-based one does not mean you’ll be saying goodbye to your protein intake. There are plenty of plant-based foods that are rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Experience nutritional benefits when you include the following foods:
- Beans, lentils, split peas
- Quinoa (including quinoa in your salads is a fresh and tasty alternative to a regular greek salad)
- Any soy products (This can include tofu and soybeans)
- Nuts and seeds (brazil nuts, macadamia nuts and pumpkin seeds etc.)
Get a substantial amount of calcium and vitamin D by incorporating a dairy alternative such as soy milk, rice and leafy greens.
Healthy, wholesome and beneficial meals
Following a plant-based diet may be limited in some ways, but thanks to the abundant, delicious recipes online, you’ll be able to experiment with various menu ideas. Check out some of the tasty meals we can’t wait to try.
- Overnight oats: The growing breakfast trend has become a widely popular dish, and with its simple ingredients, we can understand why. Customise to your taste and get ready to feel fresh, energised and prepared to take on the day.
- Cauliflower steak and roasted veggies: Roasted to perfection, this yummy dish unlocks all the flavours of your cauliflower and veggies. For a finishing touch, add some almonds at the top. Your broccoli bake could never!
- Smoked spiced veggie rice: Expand your taste buds to a world of fiery and smoky flavours. Bursting with flavour, this dish is the ideal comfort meal for winter.
- Chocolate Chia pudding: What meal is complete without a delectable dessert? A pick me up snack, this dessert is the perfect combination of healthy and wholesome ingredients.
Eat more of the good stuff with nutritional plant-based meals. Try out BodiCafe’s plant-based friendly products, which you can find in selected stores nationwide, or via our online shop.
Remember to always consult your doctor or nutritionist before starting a new eating plan.