In honour of Movember, we’re highlighting six superfoods that could assist in ensuring a healthy prostate. Remember to always consult with your doctor or nutritionist before starting a new eating plan.
When it comes to dealing with prostate health, early detection is always best. Here are some symptoms that could assist in early detection.
- Burning or irritation while urinating
- Loss of bladder control
- Difficulty urinating
- Swelling in legs
- Numbness or pain in hips
How to maintain a healthy prostate
When it comes to maintaining good health, every person is different. However, when it comes to lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and prostate cancer, staying on top of your health and lifestyle choices are crucial.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are a few tips:
- Reassess the foods you’re eating. This includes reducing your red meat intake and opting for more fruits and veggies.
- Keep active. Implementing physical activity into your routine can potentially promote a healthy body overall.
- Eliminate alcohol intake. Instead, try drinking caffeine free green tea. It’s a natural antioxidant, which could help lower your risk of developing prostate cancer.
Superfoods you should be eating
When it comes to your health, your diet can play a significant role. However, by adding a few prostate-friendly foods into your diet, you could potentially reduce your risk of gaining prostate issues.
- BodiCafé’s goji berries– These tiny powerhouse superfoods provide significant amounts of energy.
- BodiCafé’s nuts and seeds range– Nuts are loaded with fibre, nutrients and are a plant-based source of the healthy fatty chain acids of omega-3s and omega 6-s that could potentially reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- BodiCafé’s plant protein range– Foods such as beans, lentils and quinoa are high in amino acids and can easily be replaced as a meat protein. Amino acids are essential proteins used in building and supporting bodily functions and repairs.
- BodiCafé’s flax seeds– Containing antioxidants, flax seeds are a great source of omega-three, which also assists in lowering the risk of cancer.
- Caffeine free green tea- In addition to containing powerful antioxidants, green tea also helps lower cholesterol.
- Fish/ fish oil supplements- By increasing your omega-3s and omega-6s, you could potentially lower your risk of high-grade prostate cancer and prostate cancer mortality.
Put your health first and keep your prostate healthy this Movember with BodiCafé.